Park it right here, Rosslyn!
Don't fret! Finding parking in the neighborhood is easy if you follow our simple tips.
1. If you're coming here on a weekday and prefer street parking, check out our favorite "secret" parking spots first!
Rosslyn has a handful of 12-hour meters that are operational from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. They cost $1.50 per hour (25 cents cheaper than a short-term meter!). They can be hard to snag on a weekday morning, but if you arrive in Rosslyn early in the morning or later in the afternoon, you can park at one of these fairly inexpensively and settle in for a while. Several 12-hour meters are located along Key Blvd. between Nash and Quinn Sts. Others can be found on the 1800 block of Arlington Ridge Road.
In addition, there is a whole street of four-hour meters on 18th St. just behind the Rosslyn Safeway. You can find the location of all of Rosslyn's meters on this interactive map.
As you probably already know, you can pay for parking in Arlington using the Parkmobile app, which is available for iPhone and Android devices, as well as Windows 7 and Blackberry. Arlington meters also take credit cards and coins (from nickels to dollar coins). Parkmobile can also help you find your parking spot or a space in a garage and then guides you back to your space when you're returning to your car.
Another tip: If you park at a meter that you find to be out of order, don't drive away! Take a couple of minutes to call the phone number on the meter to report that it's out of order, then leave your car there. Your reward for being a good citizen is that you get free parking for that particular visit! This has happened to us a number of times and we have never gotten a ticket for parking at a malfunctioning meter when we've reported it.
2. Come here on the weekend. It's easy to find street parking and you'll be able to take advantage of our growing restaurant scene.
If you live in Rosslyn, you already know this and we don't need to tell you; but if you don't live here, take note: On the weekends, Rosslyn is pleasantly alive with residents, but it doesn't feel nearly as crowded as it does during the week. On weekends, finding street parking is easy. You can drive down here, ditch your car and enjoy dinner at one of our wonderful neighborhood restaurants, such as Continental, Amuse, Open Road, Barley Mac, Inca Social, or Quinn's on the Corner.
If you can't find street parking, it's true that finding a garage that's open on the weekend can be challenging, but it's definitely not impossible. Here are Rosslyn garages that offer public parking on the weekend (subject to change):
3. Use technology to help you find a space.
We already mentioned Parkmobile as a good app to help you with parking. It enables you to pay for parking, helps you find a spot, and guides you back to your space when you're ready to leave. There are many other apps you can use that will help you find parking, too. Here are a few good ones worth considering. Test them out and see which works best for you!
- SpotHero: This website, which also offers a mobile app for iPhone and Android devices, enables you to book parking in advance that is near your destination. You can find and compare spots and then reserve something before you go.
- ParkWhiz: ParkWhiz enables you to search for hourly and monthly parking in garages near your destination. You can sort by closest and cheapest spots. It provides guidance and photos on how/where to enter a garage, which can sometimes be confusing if you only have a street address and the garage is in a large building. It also gives useful details on other garage features, such as the availability of electric car-charging stations and handicapped accessibility information. ParkWhiz has iPhone and Android apps.
- Waze: So many of us already use Waze to navigate, but did you realize that this app can also help you find parking? Type in your destination and you'll notice that Waze also pulls up the closest garages. You can set one of them as your ending point so Waze can guide you right to a spot!
Please be in touch with us if these tips are helpful, if you need something else, or if you have even better ideas on ways to park in the neighborhood. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Parking!