Rosslyn Safeway has never looked better
Renovated and revitalized store will hosted ribbon-cutting July 12
From the polished floors to the modern new shelving holding an expanded wine section, the renovated Rosslyn Safeway at 1525 Wilson Blvd. looks wonderful and now offers a greater variety of products. Safeway staff, Arlington County officials and members of the Rosslyn community celebrated at the store's official ribbon-cutting on Friday, July 12, 2019, from 10-11 a.m. There was live music by the New Line Brass Band, refreshments and free gifts for those in attendance. Arlington County Board Chair Christian Dorsey and Rosslyn BID President Mary-Claire Burick spoke. With a long history of supporting the communities it serves, Safeway furthered this legacy by presenting donations to two local community organizations, A-SPAN (Arlington Street People's Assistance Network) and the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC).
The store's many improvements include*:
- An expanded deli featuring more hot prepared foods, chef-made sushi, more than 10 flavors of wings, and a larger salad bar
- A new seafood service case with over 30 varieties and a wide selection that includes fresh salmon, local seafood and organic offerings
- A robust meat department with more than 50 natural and organic items, including grass-fed and natural products such as Open Nature and O Organic chicken, beef and lamb
- A larger produce department with additional space for fresh-cut fruits and vegetables and premium refrigerated juices and beverages, including kombucha
- A brand-new, baked-in-store bakery featuring fresh-baked breads, cookies, gourmet cupcakes and new custom-made cakes for all occasions
- Daily bakery breakfast offerings, including doughnuts, bagels and pastries, which are all available on platters for morning meetings or guests
- A new Mochi ice cream case
- A full-service floral department with expanded offerings of fresh floral products, including blooming plants
Customers may also notice that the renovated Safeway has a greater selection of products overall. More than 3,000 have been added! The Starbucks counter has expanded, with plenty of space and comfortable seating. There's also now seating in the deli/salad bar area. The beer and wine section has also gotten much larger. It offers great prices on a range of beer and wine. Six new self checkouts ensure fast and efficient service. The renovations extend to the exterior of the store, as well. The store's facade has been modernized, and the parking area has been painted and refreshed with new lighting.
Store director Ron Hill says he's notices sales and foot traffic have definitely increased since the changes.
"It's been wonderful, and we've received nothing but positive feedback from our customers," he says.
For a sneak peek of the renovations, scroll through the photo gallery at the bottom of this page.
Related point: Safeway
* This information comes directly from a Safeway press release.
Photo at top: Safeway Senior Manager, Community & Public Affairs Beth Goldberg, Rosslyn Safeway Store Director Ron Hill and Rosslyn Safeway Employee Mario Flores in the expanded produce department.
Related Destination: Safeway