1911 N Fort Myer Dr
Arlington, VA 22209
Long before places like Barley Mac began establishing Rosslyn as a destination for dining out, there was Continental. Just across the street from Gateway Park, its glowing martini-glass neon sign hints to those driving by that there’s something fun within (and maybe they should stop!).
We’ve been regulars at Continental for some time, and we can guarantee that this place delivers on what the martini glass promises. Walk in and you’ll notice it’s a huge space, festively painted in bright orange, pink and green. You can play all your favorite bar games here: pool, shuffleboard, skee ball, ping pong, darts and arcade games. As a matter of fact, Continental hosts matches for the DC Fray social sports league, and you can sign up to play weekly cornhole here. Flat-screen TVs line the bar, making this a good place to watch sports, too.
Besides being a fun place to hang out with friends, Continental is nothing short of a beer connoisseur’s dream. It offers 24 varieties on tap, including seasonal brews, craft beers and selections from Virginia breweries. View their beer list here.
The food is solid. This isn’t upscale dining, of course, but it’s tasty, reasonably priced bar fare. The menu includes a large selection of appetizers for sharing and main courses such as garden salads, sandwiches and wraps. Char-grilled burgers are the kitchen’s most popular item (choose from Angus beef, veggie and turkey). We take advantage of their daily specials, such as 1/2-price burgers on Wednesdays and ½-price salads on Tuesdays. Our favorite menu items are the red pepper hummus, any of the burgers, the mac & cheese wedges and the South Florida Cuban sandwich. View daily specials here.
Happy-hour food and drink specials are available Monday through Friday 5-8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 6-9 p.m. Continental is 21+ after 5 p.m.
The restaurant can be booked for private parties, from 10 to 300 guests, and is known for hosting many charity events.
View menu here.
- Continental Beer Garden1901 Fort Myer Dr (222 feet SW)
- Bourbon Coffee1919 N Lynn St (353 feet SE)
- &pizza1800 N Lynn St (401 feet SE)
- Happy Eatery Corner of 19th and N Moore Sts (404 feet S)
Retail and Services
- Learn Me1911 N Fort Myer Dr (119 feet SW)
- Vadim Ltd.1911 N Fort Myer Dr (148 feet W)
- Dental Studio at Rosslyn1901 N Moore St (173 feet SE)
- Le Voyage1911 N Fort Myer Dr (186 feet W)
- Smile Designer1911 N Fort Myer Dr (197 feet SW)
- Rosslyn Building (North)1911 N Fort Myer Dr (84 feet S)
- Holiday Inn (parking)1900 N Fort Myer Dr (404 feet W)
- Waterview1111 19th St N (450 feet SE)
- Plaza East1800 N Kent St (604 feet SE)