Continental Beer Garden
1901 Fort Myer Dr
Arlington, VA 22209
Brought to you by the owners of Continental, which has been a neighborhood institution for years, this wonderful outdoor beer garden features communal seating, bocce courts and a chef-designed menu offering light fare and locally sourced sausages. German and local Virginia craft brews are available on draft and a selection of seasonal canned beers, sangrias, slushes and punch cocktails are also on offer.
We love Continental Beer Garden's hip, casual vibe. After work, you can settle in with some friends at one of the long communal tables and munch on apps and sip beers until the string lights come on and workday commuters have long since departed the neighborhood's streets.
The beer garden is always crowded. While this can sometimes mean you have to raise your voice to be heard, and you may have to hover to get a table, hanging out at such a busy place always feels festive. The beer garden attracts a wide range of clientele: millennials, middle-aged couples, families with small kids. Come in your business attire or come in jeans and a T-shirt. Everyone is welcome here, and you feel that the second you walk through the gate.
And the food? Delicious, and definitely a cut above most bar food! The chef who designed the menu is none other than Marjorie Meek Bradley, a former Top Chef finalist. Everything here tastes fresh and some of it is actually healthy, too! Our picks? We love the deviled eggs, beer cheese and any of the skewers (shrimp is our favorite), which are light and flavorful. We also love the bratwurst and the pretzel rolls on which many of the sausages are served.
The beer garden is open during warmer weather. Check their website for hours.
View menu here.
- Continental1911 N Fort Myer Dr (222 feet NE)
- Yuraku1850 Fort Myer Dr (230 feet SW)
- Happy Eatery Corner of 19th and N Moore Sts (258 feet SE)
- &pizza1800 N Lynn St (321 feet SE)
Retail and Services
- Smile Designer1911 N Fort Myer Dr (136 feet NW)
- Learn Me1911 N Fort Myer Dr (151 feet N)
- Le Voyage1911 N Fort Myer Dr (155 feet NW)
- Vadim Ltd.1911 N Fort Myer Dr (159 feet NW)
- Dental Studio at Rosslyn1901 N Moore St (238 feet E)
- Rosslyn Building (North)1911 N Fort Myer Dr (167 feet NE)
- Holiday Inn (parking)1900 N Fort Myer Dr (328 feet NW)
- Waterview1111 19th St N (493 feet E)
- Plaza East1800 N Kent St (597 feet SE)