1776 Wilson Boulevard
1776 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22209
Site Plan Development
Approved: October 13, 2007
Address: 1776 Wilson Boulevard
Developer: Skanska USA Building, Inc.
Height: 5 stories
Office Square Footage: 108,753
Retail Square Footage: 27,996
Construction Start: February 2011
Completion Date: 2013
On October 13, 2007, the County Board voted unanimously to redevelop the Contis properties at 1716 Wilson Boulevard and to extend Quinn Street between Wilson and Clarendon Boulevards. The new street will break up the “super-block” allowing connections to Colonial Village shopping center and incorporate a pedestrian plaza.
In 2010, Skanska purchased the approved site plan from previous owner/developer Dr. Contis and progressed with demolition. The project broke ground on February 24, 2011 and will include a green roof and other efficiency features to upgrade the development from LEED Silver to LEED Platinum rating.
The new 108,753 square foot office building, designed by RTKL, will include ground level retail on three sides. The building replaces the Arlington Motor Cars and the Medical Services building on Wilson Boulevard across from Colonial Village. The development will provide retail shops on the ground floor along Wilson and Clarendon Boulevards with parking underground. Upon completion, the development will be included within the boundaries of the Rosslyn Business Improvement Coorperation.
The site plan received a .25 FAR bonus for its original LEED Silver rating and .25 FAR bonus for assistance with Quinn Street extension. This proposal required re-zoning of the site from RA6-15, C-1 & C-2 to C-O-2.5, as well as a General Land Use Plan Amendment From Service Commercial to Med. O-A-H. Design guidance for this development is provided in the Rosslyn to Courthouse Urban Design Study. Skanska's 1776 Wilson Boulevard project.