Rosslyn welcomes the 47th Marine Corps Marathon!
Don't miss the Finish Festival and other celebrations taking place in Arlington for race weekend
The 47th Marine Corps Marathon takes place Sunday, October 30. As in past years, Rosslyn is the proud home of the Finish Festival. Whether you're running in the marathon, the 50K, or the 10K, or just cheering on a friend, be sure to take advantage of the many activities going on in Rosslyn and throughout Arlington on race weekend! Click here for a detailed schedule of events.
This year, the Rosslyn BID is a presenting sponsor for the marathon. Stay tuned for details on our tent at the Finish Festival!
The marathon and the 10K will both start at 7:55 a.m. Learn more about this year's course here.
Find helpful travel information on getting to the marathon on race day here. View the Arlington County traffic alert here to see the full list of road closures in the area.
Enjoying the Finish Festival
The Finish Festival will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Downtown Rosslyn. Highlights include live music on the Arlington stage, booths, and giveaways along Meade and Lynn Streets, Ft Myer and Fairfax Drives and Wilson Blvd.
The Finish Festival also provides a Family Link-Up Area, a Medical Tent and UPS Baggage Pickup. Click here to read a detailed description of Finish Festival activities. Click here to learn more about the best places to view the marathon.
Exploring our neighborhood
If you're running in the marathon and staying in a Rosslyn hotel or don't typically spend a lot of time in this neighborhood, welcome! There is so much to do here and we are glad to have you.
Rosslyn has more than 100 restaurants and retailers. If you don't want to venture too far from your hotel or the Finish Festival, there are plenty of nearby places where you and your friends and family can eat before or after the race.
Click here to view a list of restaurants in Rosslyn. Some of our favorites that are within easy walking distance of the Finish Festival are Barley Mac, Continental, Continental Beer Garden (pictured), Quinn’s on the Corner, Assembly, and Sfoglina Pasta House.
If you are in the mood for a quick bite, take advantage of some fast-casual neighborhood choices, including Bethesda Bagels, CAVA, Chopt Creative Salad Company, District Taco, Nando's PERi PERi, Potbelly Sandwich Shop, South Block Juice, Starbucks Coffee, sweetgreen, and Wiseguy N.Y. Pizza. Click here for a full list of fast-casual options. Make sure a place is open on the weekend before heading over!
Besides restaurants, Rosslyn offers easy access to a number of popular tourist destinations located in or near the neighborhood.
- Adjacent to the U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial is the Netherlands Carillon, a bell tower given to the United States by the Netherlands to show gratitude for American aid during World War II.
- Rosslyn is one Metro stop away from Arlington National Cemetery, which is also about a mile walk from the heart of Rosslyn.
- Dark Star Park is another Rosslyn landmark. It's a public park created by land art pioneer Nancy Holt.
- Rosslyn's largest park, Gateway Park, offers plenty of green space and a large sandbox for children (pictured below).
- Rosslyn also has several works of public art. You can go on a walking tour in the neighborhood to check out some highlights. Click here for a list of public artworks in Rosslyn.
- Theodore Roosevelt Island is another great nearby destination. It's within easy walking distance of Rosslyn and features several hiking trails and a monument to our 26th president.
- Rosslyn has two pet gardens where dog owners and their pets can relax: one is located at North Kent and 19th Streets and the other is near the intersection of Nash Street and Wilson Blvd.
Tell us what you think!
The Rosslyn Business Improvement District, which serves as a marathon sponsor, takes great pride in the neighborhood and making it an attractive, welcoming place. Although we host the popular Rosslyn Jazz Fest every September, the Marine Corps Marathon is still our largest event of the year. We want you to have a good experience here and positive memories of your day. If you have any questions about Rosslyn or wish to provide us feedback before or after the race, don’t hesitate to email us. Good luck, runners! We celebrate your dedication and commitment!
To visit the official Marine Corps Marathon website, click here.