IMPORTANT COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR EVENT PARTICIPANTS
In consideration of Rosslyn BID allowing you to participate in the Rosslyn BID’s event (the “Activity”), the Participant hereby agrees to the following terms and conditions.
I. Essential Safety Rules
1. Participant agrees to comply with all Rosslyn BID safety policies which include but are not limited to the following:
A. Participant will stay home if the Participant has a temperature of 100.4 or higher or exhibits symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, difficulty breathing, or any other flu-like symptoms or symptoms associated with COVID-19.
B. Participant will immediately leave the Event if the Participant arrives to the Activity and exhibits any of the COVID-related symptoms above.
C. The Activity check-in may include a visual screening for any signs of illness such as coughing, sneezing, difficulty breathing, or any other flu-like symptoms and a temperature check. Should the Participant exhibit any symptoms of illness or have a temperature of 100.4 or higher, he or she will not be allowed to attend the Activity.
D. Participant will be required to maintain social distance as much as possible throughout their time at the Activity, with the understanding that this may not be possible all of the time.
2. Participant acknowledges that Rosslyn BID will require you to leave the Activity if you exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 or do not follow the Rosslyn BID’s rules regarding COVID-19.
II. Health and Medical Care
1. Participant affirm that: (a) Participant has no health issues which put you at higher risk of complications from COVID-19; or (b) Participant has brought such health issues to the Activity staff’s attention.
2. Participant authorizes the Rosslyn BID to conduct a health screening of you including a temperature check, symptom check, and screening questions.
3. Participant authorizes the Rosslyn BID to: make medical decisions on the Participant’s behalf if you becomes ill and/or administer emergency, nonemergency, and/or routine medical care and first aid.
4. Participant further acknowledges that Participant’s personal health insurance, will be responsible for payment of medical services and care for any injuries sustained by you during the Activity.
5. Participant agree to reimburse Rosslyn BID in full if the Rosslyn BID incurs expenses for your medical treatment, including emergency and non-emergency treatment which takes place.
III. Assumption of Risk
1. Participant assumes all risks of loss or injury resulting from contracting COVID-19 as a result of your participation in the Activity, including use of the Activity’s facilities.
2. While the Rosslyn BID may take a number of health precautions, including health screenings, temperature checks, social distancing measures, sanitizing and disinfection measures, and various other precautions, the Rosslyn BID cannot eliminate the risk of you contracting COVID-19.
3. Participant understands that the spread of a communicable disease, such as COVID-19, is an inherent risk of the Rosslyn BID’s activities, which makes it impossible to ensure your complete safety. Participant will not hold the Rosslyn BID liable in the event that you are injured due to contracting COVID-19 at the Activity.
4. COVID-19 can have minor consequences similar to that of a typical cold, serious consequences which require extended hospitalization, and even catastrophic consequences. Participant understands and appreciates the risks involved in contracting COVID-19 during the Activity and that this is possible regardless of the care taken by the Rosslyn BID and its employees.
5. Having read and understood the above, Participant hereby agrees to voluntarily and knowingly assume the risk of contracting COVID-19 at the Activity. Participant agrees that Participant will abide by all the Activity rules to minimize the risk of injury to yourself and others.
IV. Waiver of Liability
1. Participant hereby releases, waives, and discharges the Rosslyn BID and its employees, officers, independent contractors, vendors, board members, volunteers, and invitees (“the Rosslyn BID Parties”) from liability from any and all claims resulting from the inherent risks of the Activity or that are caused in whole or in part by your own negligence or willful misconduct, or by the negligence or willful misconduct of others participating in the Activity, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
2. Participant enters into this waiver of liability on their own behalf, and on behalf of their heirs, assigns, and personal representatives,.
3. This waiver of liability applies to personal injury, including death, from incidents and illnesses arising from contracting COVID-19 at the Activity, including but not limited to: use of the Activity facilities; participation in the Activity; emergency and nonemergency/routine medical care provided during the Activity; and following instructions of the Rosslyn BID and/or the Rosslyn BID Parties.
V. Indemnification of the Rosslyn BID
1. Participant agree to hold harmless, defend, and indemnify the Rosslyn BID and the Rosslyn BID Parties (that is, defend and pay any judgment and costs, including investigation costs, court costs, and legal/attorney fees) from any and all claims of you or others arising from the your injury or loss due to participation in the Activity. This includes injuries or losses arising from the inherent risks of the Activity or that are caused in whole or in part by your own negligence or willful misconduct, or by the negligence or willful misconduct of others participating in the Activity, to the fullest extent permitted by law. Participant further agrees that the Rosslyn BID assumes no responsibility for the welfare of your property or belongings in connection with your participation in the Activity.
2. Participant further agrees to hold harmless, defend, and indemnify the Rosslyn BID and the Rosslyn BID Parties (that is, defend and pay any judgment and costs, including investigation costs, court costs, and legal/attorney fees) against any and all claims arising from your participation in the Activity.