Experience your favorite restaurants at home
Restaurants are still operating with takeout, pickup and delivery services in the neighborhood. From new menus to kits filled with all the ingredients to replicate the experience of dining out at home, some of them have found creative ways to up their takeout game! Let us know if we've missed a neighborhood restaurant with creative specials! And make sure to check if your order is eligible for our #RosslynRewards gift card program.
- Chef-curated meals to go: Does making shrimp scampi sound fancy? How about marinated salmon with roasted brussels and quinoa spinach cakes? Barley Mac has assembled boxes of ingredients of Executive Chef, Jeremy Magnanelli's signature dishes. All ingredients are fresh and ready for you to make your own professional chef dish at home. More details here.
- "Boozy Brunch Kits" & growlers: Become your own brunch bartender with Open Road's DIY kits. These come delivered to you with two bottles of Cava, a bottle of Bloody Mary Mix and two bottles of juice for you to mix up. They're also offering growlers that you can fill up with a beer of your choice. More details here.
- Grab 'n go lunch boxes: Do you want to elevate your lunch but need to pick something up quick? They have lunch boxes that come with a choice of a sandwich, housemade chips, baked cookie and soda. More details here.
- Check out their Easter weekend offerings, including rib roast, glazed ham and more, linked here.
- "Operation Deliver Happiness": Did you know that Happy Endings Eatery is owned and operated by the same group behind Chasin' Tails and Lei'd Poke out in the suburbs? They are bringing the best of all their concepts under one new virtual menu for delivery across the region: "Operation Deliver Happiness." This means new offerings that you wouldn't normally get from their Rosslyn location. Turn your home into a crab house with Snow Crab Legs Boil in a Bag from Chasin' Tails or the Shoyu Tuna Poke Nachos from Lei'd Poke. They'll even have completely new crossover items inspired by fan favorites like the "Caramelized Pork Belly Mac & Cheese." More details here.
- Fresh pasta kits: You can now say you've prepared a Michelin-rated Bib Gourmand meal! These kits include a pound of fresh pasta, like rigatoni, campanelle or radiatore, with a sauce of your choice. Details here.
- Farm baskets and household supplies: Sfoglina has partnered with Earth N Eats to assemble farm baskets with a variety of fresh produce and ingredients for any aspiring home chef. And to complete your kitchen, they even have household supplies like paper towels, parchment sheets and wet wipes available. More details here.
- Additionally, you can buy branded t-shirts and Michelin-starred Chef Fabio Trabocchi's cookbook to come with your order. Note that Sfoglina is only operating from their Van Ness location, from Wednesdays through Sundays, and alcoholic beverages are only available with food and when delivering in Washington.
- Check out their Easter weekend offerings, including roasted leg of lamb, pastiera napoletana and more, linked here.
- Tacos & margs: Taco Rock is giving tacos away, with your qualifying purchase of course. When you buy three of their specialty tacos, you get one of their classic tacos, like carne asada or lengua, for free! They're also offering a rotating selection of margaritas, so check Taco Rock's Instagram daily as they mix these up!
- Family meals: Do you need a lot of food for a lot of people, but don't have a lot of time? Thai Select is offering family meals that can serve 4-6 people for just $45! You get a choice of one rice entree, one noodle entree and one appetizer to feed the whole family. Check out the full options linked here.
While providing jobs for their employees, many Rosslyn restaurants are going above and beyond to support community members affected by the current times. See our Rosslyn COVID-19 Heroes article to check out what our restaurants and other neighborhood businesses are doing to serve the community.